Everything you need, right on your doorstep
EconoLodge Park Lane is conveniently located right in the Bundaberg CBD, just across the road from the beautiful Alexandra Park and the banks of the Burnett River.
One short block from Bundaberg Station, Bundaberg Hospital and all the shopping, dining and entertainment of the CBD, EconoLodge Park Lane is in the perfect location whether you’re travelling for business or leisure.
With Bourbong St providing easy access north, south and inland, and with ample public transport options to choose from, EconoLodge Park Lane offers great convenience in a quiet, relaxing setting.
- 20m Alexandra Park & Burnett River
- 0.3km Isis Highway Turnoff
- 0.4km Bundaberg Railway Station
- 0.4km Bundaberg Hospital
- 1km Hinkler Central Shopping Centre
- 5km Bundaberg Airport
Things to do in and around Bundaberg
Less than five hours’ drive north of Brisbane, Bundaberg and the Burnett Region form part of the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and its myriad natural wonders, with the inland areas standing proud as one of Australia’s largest food-producing areas.
EconoLodge Park lane is ideally situated near public transport, highway access and Bundaberg Airport, giving you the perfect jumping-off point from which to explore the region. Here are just some of the attractions within close reach:
Bundaberg Rum Distillery
- Take a tour and see how Bundaberg’s most famous export, Bundaberg Rum, is made. From raw molasses to ageing barrels and tasting stations, you’ll experience the whole process. A must-see! Bundaberg Distilling Company, Avenue Street, Bundaberg 07 4131 2999 http://bdcbondstore.bundabergrum.com.au/tours.asp
Mon Repos Turtle Rookery
- This is an incredible nature experience, where you get to see loggerhead turtles hatch and make their way to the ocean. Even if you miss this spectacle (it only happens at in November-March), there’s a wealth of other activities in the area, including walks, boating and other tours. A big hit with kids and adults alike! Mon Repos Road, Bundaberg 07 4153 8888 http://www.bookbundabergregion.com.au/
Hinkler House & Museum
- Telling the story of Bert Winkler, a Bundaberg-born aviator, Hinkler House and Museum is an enthralling step back into the past. A great place to learn about Bundaberg’s local history and a rare opportunity to see vintage aircraft up close and personal. 6 Mount Perry Road, Bundaberg 07 4130 4400 http://hinklerhallofaviation.com/
Bundaberg Botanic Gardens
- A great place for a quiet, relaxing walk through well-maintained gardens and natural habitat. There’s lots of wildlife (especially birds), and it’s a great place for a meal at the cafe, or just to sit back on the grass and enjoy the view. And it’s free to enter! Mt Perry Road, Bundaberg 1300 883 699 http://bundaberg.qld.gov.au/botanic-gardens
Bundaberg Brewed Drinks
- Not to be confused with the Rum Distillery, Bundaberg Brewed Drinks is where Bundaberg Ginger Beer is made. Take a tour around the brewery, do a tasting and buy some souvenirs. And take a photo of the Big Barrel! 147 Bargara Road, Bundaberg 07 4154 5400 http://www.bundaberg.com/info/the_bundaberg_barrel/
Burnett River Cruises
- Take a cruise down the serene Burnett River on this quaint little boat. There’s a live commentary describing a little about Bundaberg’s history and heritage, and it’s a good way to get your bearings on some of the other attractions around Bundaberg. Cold drinks available on-board. Grunske’s By The River, 11E Petersen St, East Bundaberg 0427 099 009 http://www.burnettrivercruises.com.au/day-river-cruises
- There’s a wealth of information on other things to do around Bundaberg available at the following websites. Be sure to take a look, or ask at our Tour Desk and we’ll be glad to offer our recommendations!
Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism
Wide Bay Kids